08 July 2011

sorry for the slacking

So I have been slacking a lot in everything, including updating the Costa Rica blogs. But don't you worry. I will finish them before next week when I go away again. I am excited to share them with you, so when I do update one, I'll tell you and then direct you to it. That's just the kind of person I am.
But last night I couldn't sleep so I decided to come up with a list of things that I say a little bit too much on this here blog. But I will continue to say them, so don't think that this list will go anytime soon.

"so"
So is just such a great general transitional word. It's also great for starting conversations that may or may not be uncomfortable. I can use it in place of awkward ones you learn in school like "next" and "following this". Plus, so is a hipster word. And hipsters are "in" right now. So also successfully changes a subject, closes a subject off from discussion, and adds a general comfortable and casual vibe to a conversation. Wonder why I use so so much (ha - a double-so!)

"anyways"
I go on a lot of tangents on this blog. First I will start talking about happiness then veer off into movie theatre butter or emaciated cows. But that's what people do too; we say things and then think of completely unrelated things and then blurt them out. The best catch-all, one-stop shop term for getting you back on track is anyways. It's pretty versatile. If you want to start talking about what you were originally talking about again, you can't just start talking about something or say something weird like "warning: I will now get back on track" or "hey, remember what I was talking about 5 paragraphs ago? I'm going to continue talking about that now." You have to just say anyways.

"if you think about it"
We do a lot of thinking here on the blog. And I always say if you think about it. If you don't think about it, well, that's neither here nor there.

But I really have no good reason for saying it. Maybe it sounds better than just spewing out information. Because when I get all philosophical, it's hard to stop. And people aren't robots who randomly spew foolishness. We have to engage and remember that we are trying to keep people's attentions. And if you think about it does that. It also encourages you to think about it. Whatever it may be.

Well there you go. I have to get some sleep because me and my dad are going on a bike ride tomorrow morning. I get to wear my new blue shoes! Later folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment