30 October 2011

it's the great pumpkin, charlie brown!

I just finished watching a Halloween classic. It's not a horror flick, or the 90s Disney Channel trilogy Halloweentown movies.
Let's see if this picture rings a bell:



It's my favorite Halloween movie ever, and it's great because I'm not a scary, gory, blood Halloween person. I'm more of a cutesy Halloween person. And Peanuts Halloween is the perfect Halloween for me. There just isn't any way you can beat the classics. This is actually the 45th anniversary of It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!, which is pretty cool that it has been around for so long but we still celebrate it's greatness.


I love the Peanuts because they are so young yet hysterically cynical and a little dark. Also, there are never any parents in sight. Who would let their kid sleep outside in a pumpkin patch all night long? And I love how they all wear the same nondescript white sheets and they all trick-or-treat with big brown bags.
I'll have none of this sudden vampire craze - just some good old fashioned Peanuts Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment