10 June 2011

cottages and fields of daisies

I felt that my posts have been losing a lot of the originality that they started out with, and I'm sorry that they had to lose their spunk with time. I guess things just got crazier and I just lost inspiration. I've been jumping back and forth between tabs and I really haven't devoted time, individual time, to each post. So, with a refreshed mind, I recommence.
I've been thinking about the weather lately since I went to that sorting warehouse and helped move boxes and reorganize clothes and other donations. I'm not one of those people who scoffs at the outlandishness of global warming, and it's not a myth or some sort of Democratic Party platform idea. It's very much real, and I think that the tsunami and earthquakes in Japan, the tornadoes in Joplin and Tuscaloosa, and even Hurricane Katrina 5 years ago are because of global warming. Those tectonic plates are busy a-movin' and it's because of increased climactic temperatures.
Alright, enough of my novice meteorology. Time for what I'm getting to.
So all over the country, and the world, the weather has destroyed towns, lives, and countries. And even though it's been over 100 degrees a lot of the time here, it's nowhere near as bad as in other places. We go to the pool and we get to enjoy some really nice weather and we get to retire to our perfect little cottage (it's really not a cottage, but cottages convey a more quintessential level of perfection) amidst the fields of daisies and roses (we don't have daisies or roses actually). But we are never usually plagued with anything dangerous, and, knock on wood (I am a pretty superstitious freak), we have never felt the wrath of nature at its worst, and I'm thankful for that.
So get outside and enjoy that beauty, because one day it's great and the next day it's horrible. Heidi Klum says the same thing about fashion designs (I just watched this huge Project Runway marathon, hence, well yeah.)

No comments:

Post a Comment