09 November 2011

chill out please

Someone I know retweeted a quote on Twitter today.
Sometimes quotes are wonderful little pieces of advice that stick in your mind, and sometimes they are annoying and trite. But this one was a good one.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

A fellow Transcendentalist; what can you expect? I think too many people worry about getting things done on time. Last night, I had to study for 2 tests and do 2 packets for economics. And last night I did none of it. I had a bad headache after swim practice and I couldn't do it so after blogging I went to bed. But this morning I did it before school and I studied for both tests. And they all ended up working out. But you can't beat yourself up for not doing everything in one day. We only have 24 hours in a day; how can you expect so much from yourself in one day? You can only do as much as you can do, so chill out sometimes and recognize all of the great things that you do.
And never forget the words of Emerson.

No comments:

Post a Comment