25 August 2011

musically inclined

240! Can you believe I have only 125 more posts left? By the way, that was done on a calculator. I didn't just crunch those numbers in my little head.
The further you go in life, the harder it gets, and unfortunately the more work things are. It becomes harder to relax and have down time and to just be who you are.
So today I pulled out the old ukulele and strummed a few songs. A few chords. And I just listened to the sweet sound of the taut black strings. And for a while nothing really existed. It was just my mahogany instrument and myself all alone.
The low tenor sound filling my ears left me feeling refreshed and happy. I wonder how people started to make instruments way back when. And with happy thoughts in my head, I lay me down to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment