15 September 2011

blueprints aren't forever

A lot of times we draw out a sketch for what we plan to make, but then the sculpture turns out much different from the actual plan. And sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's just different.
As the year starts to come to a close, I start to think of things that I have seen in these posts consistently. Sort of like a theme. And it's interesting the way that I assumed this would be a happiness diary, a place where I could write about all my wonderful happy adventures where nothing every goes wrong and I just look at "the greener side" of life.
But really it's a blog for all of the dreadful things in my life. Actually, it's a blog for everything; the great things, the good things, the downright awful things, the funny things, the sad things, the touching things, the pick-yourself-up-and-straighten-up-your-life things. Sometimes I have dozens of great things to say, and sometimes I just feel like venting. But life's all about the two; we can't be happy all the time. It's just not how anything works.
Life's like a building, and we create blueprints in our minds of what we want our buildings to look like. But sometimes things change our blueprints. They could be direct, like physical damage, or indirect, like a change of mind or a lack of resources. Whatever the reason, nothing we plan can ever turn out 100% like the blueprint. And this blog's an example. So is my paper sculpture for art, that is still in 2 pieces at the moment.
But even so, I still drew my blueprint. You just have to make peace with the thought that blueprints are not like hieroglyphics in stone; they can change, like our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment