25 September 2011

for love of mayhem

Right now, I have apporximately 34 mosquito bites all over my legs and arms from being outside. For 15 minutes.
I was at a friend's house working on a school project for AP lit. We were filming part of it outside, but I ended up having to go inside their sunroom / covered porch so I wouldn't get bitten to death. Bt overall, we had a fun time - as much fun as you can have with AP video projects - and it was a nice change of pace. But I wouldn't like to live like that because she is technically an only child. Her sister is in college and she is all alone with her parents every day. I think it would be cool to be alone with just them for a little nit, but not forever. As much as me and my siblings bother each other and get on each other's nerves, I oculdn't ever live without them. They make my life so much more interesting and fun, and I laugh so much more because of them. If I was an only child, I would just come home from school, plop myself down, and eat a snack. Then my mom would say "how was school?" and I'd reply with the monotonous "good" and then we would carry on with our boring drear until dinner, when we would talk about my life when my dad comes home, and we would continue talking about me and then them, and then me, and then them, and the whole boring cycle would continue to infinity and beyond. It would be ridiculously slow and tiresome. My siblings are not only people to talk to and confide in, but people to goof around with, make up songs with, dance around and flop on the couches with, and generally act like a clown with. And they won't judge you for being strange, because they're family.
Some people are born only children. They have their life all set without any brothers or sisters and they're fine. I was definitely a sibling kid. I need them in my life, and without them my life's a blank canvas. It might be pretty crazy most of the time, but that's what life's all about. Living to live, and loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment