05 September 2011

the sound of sunshine

It's hard to believe that yesterday was my 250th post. Time really does just slip away.
So our vacation came to a close, but we still have memories from the vacation, like the jellyfish sting scars on my legs..actully, I didn't get stng today because the waves were too rough for the spineless creatures. They really are spineless.
So today I was listening to some music in the car when we were coming home, and I think it had a great message. In fact, the song was running through my head all weekend, especially when we were swimming in the ocean. I found some of the lyrics since I can't remember all of them off the top of my head. Here's a little piece:

I wake up in the mornin' at 6 'o clock
They say there may be rain but the sun is hot
I wish I had some time just to kill today
And I wish I had a dime for every bill I got to pay


Some days you lose, you win,
and the water's as high as the times you're in
So I jump back in where I learned to swim
Try to keep my head above it the best I can
That's why

Here I am
Just waitin' for this storm to pass me by
And that's the sound of sunshine
Comin' down
And that's the sound of sunshine
Comin' down

("The Sound of Sunshine", Michael Franti & Spearhead)

The rest of the song is really good too, these are just the lines I like the best. And plus, it has a beachy, ocean theme to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment